Two-factor authentication or 2FA is an additional security method offered by Instagram. It is also known as two-stage authentication. In order to log in an Instagram account, first of all, a user should provide his or her credentials, and, then, special security code.
What is two-factor authentication?
If 2FA function is enabled, the system will require a user to provide special security code in addition to the credentials. This security check is disabled by default.
How to enable two-factor authentication?
You can enable the function via Instagram app for iOS or Android only.
1. Select Settings at top right corner in your Instagram profile.
2. Select “two-factor authentication” function.
3. Turn on “Require security code” option.
4. If you have already linked your phone number, Instagram will send you a confirmation code, otherwise you'll be required to link it. You'll receive a message in a few minutes.
5. Enter the SMS verification code and touch “OK” button.
You'll be automatically redirected to the page with the reserve codes. They can be used in case you are unable to receive the code via SMS message (i.e. in offline mode). Instagram will automatically take a screenshot of those codes. You can obtain new code on this page
So, if you have to confirm that you are going to log in your account, the app will send you the SMS message with security code to the specified phone number. You can also use the reserve codes for this purpose.
Does this function influence on automatic promotion?
This function being turned on has a slight impact on security, but adds more routine operations and creates more difficulties with automatic promotion of your Instagram account. Each time our service will log in your account to perform actions on behalf of you, Instagram will require you to confirm your identity.
This is a routine Instagram procedure. However, it will constantly pause your promotion campaign, while reducing the effectiveness of promotion and decreasing follower growth rate.
We strongly encourage our customers to disable this function to run the promotion campaign continuously without any difficulties, and to maintain follower growth rate.
We want to pay your attention to the fact, that 2FA is another security measure, additional to key security system.
How to disable two-factor authentication?
You can turn off this function via the Instagram app.
1. Move to your profile page and select Settings option at top right corner.
2. Select “Two-factor authentication” function.
3. Disable “Require security code” option.
4. Touch “Disable” button” in the pop-up window.